PLC / SCADA Programmer, Calgary
Based in Calgary and reporting to the Operations Manager, this intermediate / senior level team member will provide design and technical support to our client's field operations and facilities both remotely and on site.
The successful candidate will possess:
- One or more of the following technical accreditations:
- Instrumentation Engineering Technology Diploma
- Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma
- Automated Systems Engineering Technology Diploma
- Electrical Engineering (EIT or P.Eng)
- Experience in:
- PLC / DCS / SCADA control systems
- Serial and Ethernet based communications
- The ability to both work independently and interact with operations, engineering, and technical trades personnel to complete projects.
- A valid driver's license
- The desire to work in both office and field environments.
Control Panel Technician, Assembler, Wire person, CalgaryDescription:
Responsible for fabricating and wiring high quality control panels and control devices. Essential Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Working from customer drawings and specifications
- Lay out and wire components on the back plate based on the bill of materials. PLC's, VFD's, relays, switches, transformers, power supplies, wire duct, terminal blocks, etc.
- Drill and mount components
- Test and troubleshoot control panels based on the engineered schematics and layout
- Additional duties may include maintenance, house keeping of the panel shop, shipping and receiving.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Practical knowledge of basic electrical circuits, wiring, crimping, drilling and tapping holes.
- Previous electrical control panel shop experience.
- Punctual and minimal absenteeis
- Professional, positive, energetic, outgoing personality
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening)
- Able to multi task
- Self motivated and organized
- Physical requirements may include, but are not limited to, lifting (50 to 100 pounds), bending, reaching, climbing, walking, crawling, standing, sitting, to complete the job duties outlined in this job description.